How to Choose a Family Photographer
How to choose a family photographer can be overwhelming and hard, so we wanted to share a few key things to look for when you decide to have pictures taken. Whether it's a maternity, newborn, baby or family session that you're interested in, it's it's important that you choose the right photographer for your family. Our team remembers searching for photographers, before we were one ourselves, and the entire process was overwhelming. We searched Google, social media, and still had questions. There were so many to choose from, so how did we know which one was the right photographer for our family?
Looking back, here's what we wished we knew:
1. How many details do you want to be responsible for? There are photographers who have their clients plan everything (location, time, what to wear, etc) and and then there are photography studios who take care of all the details. Some clients really like to be in charge, however we've found that the majority already have so many things on their plate and they'd love someone else to do all of the planning.
When you schedule a maternity, newborn, or family session with our Studio, we take care of all the details for you. This means once you reserve your date with our team, you'll have everything planned for you and all your family has to do is show up on session day.
Choosing clothes and scheduling hair + make up
2. Do you want help with clothing and styling your family? There are many photography studios that now carry a Studio Wardrobe, ours included. We've been curating our available wardrobe since 2014, and we have so many options for your entire family.
Not only does this take away the stress of choosing, coordinating, and purchasing clothing, but it also saves money on what you'd spend on new clothing. When you choose us as your Houston photographers, we simply allow an extra thirty minutes, on the day of your session, to choose clothing and style your family.
3. Where to get your hair and makeup done? This was always such a stress for us as mamas, so we now connect you with the very best hair and makeup artist in Houston. She comes to your home, or meets you at the Studio, to pamper you before your session. Working with her for almost every session allows her to provide services knowing exactly how they will photograph with our editing style. This also ensures that you look and feel your very best the day of your session, which translates into beautiful portraits.
Google reviews don't lie...
4. It might be an obvious one, but what do the Google reviews say? This is a great place to read about potential pain points for your family and how previous clients felt during their sessions. For instance, most parents with toddlers are terrified of how their kiddos will act during a family session. With over 15 years of combined experience, and four kiddos between us, we come with every trick up our sleeves to ensure your photography session is relaxed and enjoyable. Our Google reviews will tell you that we work magic with newborns and toddlers during a session, and this is so important in ensuring that parents are happy and the pictures turn out beautiful.
5. What kind of sessions are offered? Whether you want a mini session or a Luxury Membership, it's important that you find exactly what you are looking for when hiring your photographer. Our team offers a mini session, full session, and Luxury Membership to ensure that there is an option for everyone.
6. What products are offered? Some photographers only sell artwork, some only sell digital files, and some sell a combination of both. What is your family looking for in your home? So many clients initially believe they only want the digital files, but after talking through their wants and wishes, they find it's actually important to have their favorite images in print. Not only that, it's important that it's done for them, so another to-do isn't added to their list.
Our team offers digital files, custom framed artwork, heirloom albums, matted print boxes, and matted album. The design fee is included in your Creative fee, meaning the only thing you have to do it tell us your favorite images and we do everything else for you. Whether it's designing an heirloom album to document all of the sessions from your baby's first year, or ensuring a wall gallery will look perfect in the spot you picked out, we do it all.
It’s all about the feeling you leave your clients with.
Ready to reserve your maternity, newborn, or family photography session? Maybe your baby is turning one soon and you'd like to celebrate with a family cake smash? We'd love to send you more information that includes our full pricing and all of the fun details we include. Our clients really love our Studio Wardrobe, hair and makeup services in-studio, and complimentary album and wall art design...and we hope you will, too.
Family pictures don't have to be stressful.
Get more details & reserve a session
Lentille Photography is a Houston Family Photography team that specializes in maternity, newborn, motherhood, and family sessions that are relaxed and really fun. It's important that our clients feel comfortable in front of the camera, so we guide you with easy instructions that will make it easy to be authentic during our time together. We love toddlers, and have a secret agreement that ensures candid smiles and lots of laughter. The best part? Even Dads, who usually hate taking pictures, wind up enjoying themself (don't trust us, look at our Google reviews!).
Ready to reserve a session with our team? Perfect, click the contact button and details will land in your inbox.
Serving The Heights, Oak Forest, Garden Oaks, Bellaire, Memorial, Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, and all surrounding areas. We invite you to visit our Studio, borrow clothes from our size-inclusive Studio Wardrobe, have your hair and makeup done, and experience what a full-service photography session feels like.
Share this story